Monday 9 May 2016

Welcome to my new (motor)home!

Not my permanent residence, but I've spent a fair bit of time in my new moho (short for motorhome) so far! And although the interior decor isn't as lairy as some I've seen, it could still do with some improvement. The easiest way to do this, I felt, was to make a version of the traditional 'home sweet home' cross-stitch sign.

So I created a pattern from an online cross-stitch pattern generator (see the printout below), the embroidery hoop came down off the wall, and off I went.



I did all of the green stitching in one session, for the two 'moho's and the two hearts, fuelled by beer in the pub the moho was parked outside for the night.


Then I chose the contrast colour for the word 'sweet' and the border: a lipstick-red.

Cross-stitch embroidery saying Moho sweet moho

The mistakes I made are visible in this pic - can you see them? Not that it bothers me: absolute perfection in anything handmade is rare!
All it needs now is a little frame and it can hang in the moho.

No comments:

Post a Comment