Friday 13 May 2016

Meet crochet's famous fans

Discover the big names who are hooked on crochet...

Aretha Franklin
'C-R-O-C-H-E-T, find out what it means to me...'
We have no idea whether the queen of soul plans to rework one of her greatest hits, but we can confirm that she likes to crochet. She has told a biographer: 'I crochet. I’ve made a number of skirts, berets, various articles.’

Eva Longoria
Wearing her art, or perhaps craft, on her sleeve, Eva Longoria dons a little lacy number. She told AskMen how she likes to crochet while filming: 'When we do Desperate Housewives; you don’t have any time in your trailer and you’re just constantly going back and forth. We do 14 pages [of script] in a day. Then I would go to the movie, and it was like vacation. It was more like two pages a day. I'd watch movies in my trailer. I was crocheting.'

Bette Davis
For Bette Davis, art imitated life: she took her hobbies to work with her, knitting on camera in several films, frequently between takes, and crocheting some rather intricate lace throughout the 1940 film The Letter.

Jane Seymour
Actress Jane Seymour, best known for Dr Quinn, Medicine Woman is an all-round creative type and crochet fan, saying: 'I love to play with colour and texture. Ever since I can remember, I've been making my own clothes, embroidering, knitting and crocheting.'

Meryl Streep
Mamma mia! Another actress who likes to crochet between scenes. We know this because one of her co-stars on Silkwood talked about it in an interview. And who was that co-star?...

Cher
The co-star with whom Meryl Streep shared crocheting sessions on the set of Silkwood was none other than Cher, who said about working with Meryl: 'We’d knit, crochet, and joke about men.'

No comments:

Post a Comment