Wednesday 12 October 2016

Wool Week 2016: new yarn resolutions

I will learn (again) how to crochet. I went on a one-day course a few years ago, didn't practise enough and the knowledge unwound, like stitches from a hook. And I'm desperate to crochet granny squares!

I will make myself a knitting bag to store my supplies, whether it’s knitted, sewn – whatever.Work will start within the week on my OH's long, navy scarf.

I'll give finger-knitting another go. I tried it with this Craftsy finger-knitting tutorial, then went on holiday and kept fiddling away with my handmade T-shirt yarn, but couldn't remember how to cast off!

And talking of my handmade T-shirt yarn, I need to use it somehow.

There's a guerilla weaving idea I have for a dark corner down the road. It'll take (me) too long to knit something for the spot, but weaving some bright, maybe white, wool would look great, and make a point to the local council about streetlamp repair!

And until this afternoon, also on this list would have been finishing my dad’s cowl. He was convinced he’d lost the first one I knitted him, and was gutted, so I'd started a replacement, but he texted today – so happy – to say he’d found it.

No comments:

Post a Comment