Thursday 17 March 2016

You are... a craftivist

This fine example of my appallingly bad embroidery is part of the 'You Are So Very Beautiful' stitched affirmations craftivist project from craftivism.com.


It is very messy looking but in my defence, I was in a hurry to finish it, and the only yarn I had to hand was some from a WIP longstitch project, which was too thick for the hessian I used. However, the main thing was to be involved with this project. Started by Betsy Greer, who sums it up: 'It’s time to let our acts of stitching go by leaving them in places for someone to find, someone who needs to hear those words just as you do, if not more. As craftivism is about healing ourselves as we make, and then healing the world with our products, let’s get to it.'

I tried a couple of places to perch my square; this painted windowsill was a good colour match.


In the end, I left it here, can't tell you where, just that it's in London.






No comments:

Post a Comment