Monday 14 March 2016

Save money: make your own body scrub

As I took to the bathroom last night for a bit of a pamper, I noticed that one of my all-time favourite beauty products had almost run out. REN Moroccan Rose Otto Sugar Body Polish (£32, 330ml) is a sublimely scented body scrub, containing no nasties like parabens, and packed with essential oils.
Rosa damascena (damask rose) is the scent you notice, plus others such as geranium oil, all mixed together with cane sugar in a base of sweet almond and olive oils.
Used on dry skin (for a more robust scrub) or on wet (a softer polish), it gets rid of dead skin cells and moisturises, leaving you smelling gorgeous.
Anyway, as I say, mine had almost run out (I suspect my OH has been at it) so I decided to top it up, as I wasn't within reach of a REN stockist.

How to make body scrub
All you need is some oil, sugar,or salt and some essential oils. Oil-wise, sweet almond is the best (that's Prunus dulcis to those of you who read your labels), but you can use olive or sunflower oil. Pour in enough sugar or salt to give a grainy paste, not too sloppy, not too stiff – a suitable consistency for rubbing into your skin. Then add a couple of drops of essential oil/s. (If you don't have any, don't add any; the scrub will still work!) Stir with your fingers then scoop out and exfoliate away!

No comments:

Post a Comment