Monday 12 January 2015

Pick up and knit (not the same as 'pick up your knitting')

I've been knitting a jumper for myself for a couple of months. Before Christmas I went wrong, very wrong, and I've just gone back to it this week. I managed to get the knitting on the needle the right way round (there's no obvious RS and WS with this yarn), and off I went. And the next step was 'pick up and knit' (PUK) to create a collar. I was delighted to discover that it's very simple: just insert the needle a little way in from the edge, loop the yarn, pull through and there's your stitch. Now it's just a question of more PUK to knit a ribbed border for the armholes and it's done! Apart, that is, from mending a few dropped-stitch holes and weaving in far-too-numerous loose ends...

No comments:

Post a Comment