Wednesday 11 July 2012

I learnt to crochet!

Well, perhaps that's exaggerating a little... I went on a one-day course at wonderful West Dean college in Sussex. Our tutor, Lucinda Guy, is the author of the book I used when I last tried to learn: Kids Learn to Crochet - yes, it's good to know your level!
She went from the basics: tying a slipknot to cast on, all the way through to double treble.
Strangely, I had most difficulty with the simpler things: like the slipknot - I hadn't realised I was using a granny knot, which doesn't work as well. But by the time we started with the trebles it clicked.
As I drove home I was itching to get started: so I did. With Lucinda's takeaway instructions I struck while the hook was hot and started crocheting a double treble border for the knitted squares blanket I made some time ago.
My goal is to get on to granny squares by the end of the year...

No comments:

Post a Comment